Interested in having me review your book or film? Scroll to the bottom of the page for my review policy.
Short reviews of most of the books I read are usually found on my GoodReads account.
- The 2011 NIV Bible by Zondervan (2011) — Reviewed 2011
- A Short History of Christian Zionism: From the Reformation to the Twenty-First Century by Donald M. Lewis (2021) — Reviewed 2022
- Abuelita Faith: What Women on the Margins Teach Us About Women, Persistence, and Strength by Kat Armas (2021) — Reviewed 2022
- After You Believe by N. T. Wright (2010) — Reviewed 2016
- Bad Girls of the Bible and What We Can Learn From Them by Liz Curtis Higgs (1999) — Reviewed 2000
- The Bible in the Early Church by Justo L. González (2022) — Reviewed 2022
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life by Henry Cloud & John Townsend (1992) — Reviewed 2016
- Cheated On: The Divorce Minister Guide for Surviving Infidelity and Keeping Your Faith by David Derksen (2018) — Reviewed 2019
- The Chump Lady Survival Guide to Infidelity: How to Regain Your Sanity Once You’ve Been Cheated On by Tracy Schorn (2014) — Reviewed 2014 (Note: Review no longer available, but I loved the book)
- Christian History in Seven Sentences by Jennifer Tait Woodruff (2021) — Reviewed 2021
- The End of Apologetics: Christian Witness in a Post-Modern Context by Myron Bradley Penner (2013) — Reviewed 2015
- Evangelical Feminism: A History by Pamela D. Cochran (2005) — Reviewed 2010
- The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts by Gary Chapman (1995) — Reviewed 2015
- Gentile Girl: Living with the Latter-day Saints by Carol Avery Forseth (2002) — Reviewed 2009
- The God Makers by Ed Decker and Dave Hunt (1997) — Reviewed 1999
- Habits & Holiness: Ethics, Theology, and Biopsychology by Ezra Sullivan (2021) — Reviewed 2023
- Jesus Girls: True Stories of Growing Up Female and Evangelical edited by Hannah Faith Notess (2009) — Reviewed 2009
- Leave a Cheater, Gain a Life: The Chump Lady’s Survival Guide by Tracy Schorn (2016) — Reviewed 2016 (Note: Review no longer available, but I love this book and highly recommend it)
- The Mind of the Master Class: History and Faith in the Southern Slaveholders’ Worldview by Elizabeth Fox-Genovese & Eugene D. Genovese (2005) — Reviewed 2010
- Parenting and Disabilities: Abiding in God’s Presence by Stephanie O. Hubach (2021) — Reviewed 2022
- The Simple Living Handbook: Discover the Joy of a De-cluttered Life by Lorilee Lippincott (2013) — Reviewed 2015
- Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold by C. S. Lewis (1956) — Reviewed 2000
- Undaunted by Christine Caine (2012) — Reviewed 2016
- Voices Long Silenced: Women Biblical Interpreters through the Centuries by Joy A. Schroeder and Marion Ann Taylor (2022) — Reviewed 2023 (not yet published)
- CleanFlix (2010) — Reviewed 2012
- Higher Ground (2011) — Reviewed 2014
- mother! (2017) — Reviewed 2017
Book Review Policy
Publishers and Authors: I have time to review 4-6 books per year, 1-2 of which can be from independent (i. e. self-published) authors. Some rules for asking me to review your book:
- You must provide a copy of the book. My preferred formats are: audiobook, e-book, paper (in that order).
- My review will be honest. I am not obligated to give your book a five-star review in exchange for a review copy.
- I will post my review on Amazon and GoodReads. If the book’s content is relevant to Weighted Glory, I will post a review or analysis on my blog.
- Independent Authors: I absolutely support and believe in indy authors, but please make sure that your book is professionally produced and edited. If it looks amateurish and hastily put together, I will mention that in my review.
If you’d like me to review your book, please send me an e-mail with a brief pitch on what your book is about. I receive far more requests for reviews than I am able to commit to, so if you have not heard back from me in a week, please assume I am not able to commit to reading your book.
Film Review Policy
Filmmakers / Producers / Promoters: Same as above. You provide the movie tickets or DVD/Blu-Ray or digital download link and I will review your movie here at Weighted Glory, assuming the film’s themes can be related to the site’s main topics.